When moving into a new home or replacing old laundry appliances, you’ll want to buy a washer and dryer. Before you start your search, it’s best to familiarize yourself with the many unique features and components these appliances can have.
Here’s a look at some of the best washer and dryer features available so you can find the perfect set for your home needs.
Washer and Dryer Styles
If you wish to buy a washer and dryer for your laundry room, there are numerous configurations and styles available. For example, the positioning of the two appliances can vary depending on what’s most convenient for the homeowner, such as stacking them on top of each other or side by side.
Additionally, buyers will need to decide whether to purchase a washer and dryer that’s front-loaded or back-loaded, meaning the clothes are loaded in the front with the former and loaded into the top with the latter. Another option homeowners can consider when they buy a washer and dryer is a dual-bin style. This variant allows both the colored clothes and the white clothes to wash at the same time!
And don’t forget about the power source! You can choose between gas and electric appliances, but remember that gas washer and dryer units need a gas hookup to work while electric ones cost less.
Unique Washer Features
When searching for the best washer and dryer features, there are many unique innovations on the market. Washers, in particular, have received a wide variety of features over the years, such as:
- A variety of distinct cycle settings, such as quick-wash or heavy-duty, allow owners to customize the speed and temperature of the wash to suit their needs.
- Sanitization options to eliminate stains and odors from the clothes as the machine washes them.
- A built-in sink with a water jet so owners can scrub out blemishes and messes from clothes without having to use a nearby sink.
- Internal heaters will allow water to reach a higher temperature than what the home’s water heater can provide.
- An emergency door that lets owners grab clothing out of their washer without interrupting its current cycle.
- Water efficiency features or washer models allow for a considerable amount of water savings when compared to regular washes.
Helpful Dryer Features
If you’re looking for the best washer and dryer features available, you’ll be happy to learn about the many ways that dryers can be enhanced. Below are some helpful dryer features to keep in mind during your appliance search.
- Dryers with moisture sensors can identify when clothes are too wet, in addition to shortening drying time.
- Some dryers can come with various advanced settings, such as reverse tumbling, temperature options, and more!
- If a dryer has a steam cycle, it can lower static buildup and clean more delicate laundry.
- A built-in interior light can help you see inside your dryer during the dark.
Smart Technology Features
If you plan to buy a washer or dryer for your home, you can benefit significantly if your new appliance has intelligent technology integration. With Wi-Fi connectivity, you can keep track of laundry cycles on the go using a phone app. You can also start a new cycle remotely and get notified automatically when a load is complete.
Some of the best washer and dryer features are those that take a load off a homeowner’s shoulders. Such automatic features can save you time when handling laundry. Below are some of the dynamic ways that washers and dryers can do the work for you!
- An automatic tumble system that allows dryers to keep clothes wrinkle-free if you aren’t around to collect them in time.
- Washers with a sensor built-in can detect the number of clothes in the current cycle and select the ideal water level and setting, so owners don’t have to spend time choosing themselves.
- Some washers have programs that let them auto-dispense detergent at the most reasonable time to enhance the cleaning potential. They’re able to save several months’ worth of detergent at once!
- Automatic Temperature Control, or ATC, allows washers to change to the perfect temperature using a built-in thermostat device.
- A self-cleaning washer can keep its bin fresh without having someone wash it manually.
- Washing machines with a load-balancing system can prevent wet clothes from building up on the sides of the bin, lowering the washing machine’s noise levels.
If you’re interested in purchasing a new dryer or washing machine for your home, contact Appliance Doctors today! We carry the leading brands offering energy-efficient options with exciting features. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for all your washer and dryer installation and repair needs.