The apprenticeship program at Appliance Doctors is what you make it! We need top notch technicians, professional salespersons and effective managers to continue providing the best service on island. So if you consistently take the initiative to go the extra mile in your work and training then there’s no limit to the opportunities available.
Our program consists of on the job training, online educational courses and regular peer and manager evaluations. Raises are dependent on periodic scoring of Skills, Attitude & Knowledge by senior technicians, level of training achieved, uniform checks and evaluations.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess high school diploma.
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Applicant must take and pass aptitude examination and an oral interview.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in related training classes and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the job.
- Must be prepared to attend related training classes including on-Island college classes, online courses and overseas courses (for total of 90 days).
- Must possess a valid passport.
- Should be able to present verification to potential employers of legal right to work in the Cayman Islands.
- Pass full criminal background check
The appliance market is taking off as you read this page. Homeowners are increasingly demanding elegant home and kitchen designs fitted with luxury appliances. These customers value professional and precise installations and reliable and friendly service. A career in the Appliance industry is fast paced and dynamic, providing a high level of job security due to the lack of qualified technicians. There is a high and growing demand for experts in this field around the world with an average salary around $40,000.
Also, if your dream is to travel at some point, being a proven expert in this trade can take you almost anywhere in the world and you’ll be compensated just as well. EXCITING!! Just give us your first 4-6 years and later when you get tired of traveling join us for another 10 years.
What Is An Appliance Technician?
An Appliance technician has the vital responsibility to keep our homes properly functioning. The heart of the home is the kitchen where ovens, stoves, refrigerators, etc. must be working properly to keep our favourite foods fresh and to prepare meals for the family to enjoy together. Washers and dryers are also key appliances that we need working properly to have clean and dry clothes. Quality of life improves significantly with such appliances but this requires proper installation, regular service and reliable repairs.
- A dynamic, empowering and family-like culture
- Yearly tools allowances so that you can buy and own your own tools
- Paid salary while training both in Cayman and abroad
- Opportunity to be sent on a $30,000+ paid training trip
- All other benefits according to the Labour Law
After successfully completing the Appliance Doctors Apprenticeship Program you will be titled a Lead Appliance Technician. With experience and good performance you will continue to receive raises that could reach a $60,000 salary (not including commission). Also, there are career progression opportunities beyond a Lead Technician. These include Field/Office Supervisor, Project Manager, Sales Manager, Service Coordinator, Service Manager, etc. Managerial positions such as these usually earn between $80,000 to $120,000.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including the disabled and veterans.